- 1 1/2 cups plum wine
- 1/2 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped peeled gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons chopped peeled lemon grass
- 2 (8-ounce) bottles clam juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1/2 cup diced peeled mango
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons diced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped peeled gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skinned (about 1 inch thick)
- 4 cups trimmed arugula
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Cooked shrimp (optional)
- calories 464
- caloriesfromfat 44 %
- fat 22.7 g
- satfat 3.9 g
- monofat 9.3 g
- polyfat 6.9 g
- protein 11.4 g
- carbohydrate 22.1 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- cholesterol 115 mg
- iron 4.2 mg
- sodium 632 mg
- calcium 115 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, and cook 40 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup. Strain mixture through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Add 1 cup chopped cilantro and curry paste to liquid in bowl, and stir well; set curry sauce aside, and keep warm.
Combine mango and next 8 ingredients (mango through honey) in a bowl; stir well, and set mango salsa aside.
Place quinoa in a shallow dish. Place egg white in another shallow dish. Dip salmon fillets in egg white, and dredge in quinoa. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add fillets; cook 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove fillets from skillet; set aside, and keep warm.
Combine arugula and red onion in a bowl. Combine oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice, and 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce, and stir well; pour over arugula mixture, and toss well.
Spoon 1/4 cup curry sauce onto each of 4 plates. Arrange 1 cup arugula mixture over sauce; place fillets on arugula mixture. Spoon 1/4 cup mango salsa over each fillet. Garnish with shrimp, if desired.
Note: Quinoa cooks up like rice and can be found next to the rice in your supermarket.