Quinoa, Corn, and Tomato Salad with Chive-Infused Oil
Brightly colored flavored oil coats the quinoa grains and lends the salad fresh chive flavor. Refrigerate leftover oil to use as a dressing to drizzle over grilled fish or summer vegetables. Garnish with whole fresh chives, if desired.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 179
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 26.1g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 145mg
- Calcium: 20mg
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons Chive-Infused Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine 1 1/2 cups water and quinoa in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Combine quinoa, corn, tomatoes, and parsley in a medium bowl. Combine Chive-Infused Oil and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over salad; toss well to coat. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads