Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) uncooked quinoa
- 2 cup(s) water
- 3/4 cup(s) cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) cottage cheese
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 3 green onions, including white part chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Splenda or sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) garlic poweder
- olive oil for frying
- In a medium saucepan bring the 2 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil over high heat. Add quinoa and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 18-20 minutes, or until all water is absorbed and the seeds are tender. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked quinoa, cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, carrot, eggs, flour, green onions, Splenda, pepper, cumin, salt, and garlic powder.
- Heat a frying pan and a couple teaspoons olive oil over medium-low heat. Measure 1/4 cup and form into patties about 1/2 inch thick - mixture will be slightly sticky. Fry until golden-brown, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Per burger: Calories 132; Protein 8 g; Fat 5 g; NET Carbs 12 g; Sugar 0 g; Sodium 200 mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Jchapa and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note