Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) uncooked quinoa
- 2 cup(s) water
- 3/4 cup(s) cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) cottage cheese
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 3 green onions, including white part chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Splenda or sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) garlic poweder
- olive oil for frying
- In a medium saucepan bring the 2 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil over high heat. Add quinoa and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 18-20 minutes, or until all water is absorbed and the seeds are tender. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked quinoa, cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, carrot, eggs, flour, green onions, Splenda, pepper, cumin, salt, and garlic powder.
- Heat a frying pan and a couple teaspoons olive oil over medium-low heat. Measure 1/4 cup and form into patties about 1/2 inch thick - mixture will be slightly sticky. Fry until golden-brown, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Per burger: Calories 132; Protein 8 g; Fat 5 g; NET Carbs 12 g; Sugar 0 g; Sodium 200 mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Jchapa and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes