Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 cup(s) quinoa
- 3 cup(s) water for cooking quinoa
- 1/2 cup(s) oats
- 1 1/4 cup(s) water for cooking oatmeal
- 2 tablespoon(s) yeast
- 1 1/2 cup(s) warm water
- 2/3 cup(s) honey
- 1/2 cup(s) canola oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) dried buttermilk
- 1/2 cup(s) nonfat dried milk
- 6 cup(s) unbleached white flour
- 2 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) salt
- Cook the quinoa in water over low heat until popped and liquid is absorbed (about 15 minutes). Microwave oats in water. Let cool to room temp. Proof yeast in 1 1/2 cups warm water.
- In mixing bowl add a couple cups of the flour, salt, buttermilk,and nonfat dried milk, mix. Add yeast and water, quinoa and oatmeal, mix. Switch to dough hooks. Add the rest of the flour a cup at a time. Dough will be very sticky and heavy. Add enough flour to get the dough out of the bowl, knead a few minutes. It may take a lot more flour.
- Put in oiled bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled. Pam two 10 inch loaf pans, and one more if needed (maybe smaller) for extra dough. Roll out, put in pans, and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Loaves should darken but not burn.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vvdevine and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Quinoa Bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads
More Recipes for Main Dishes