Quinoa Black Bean Salad
Community Recipe from
- 1/3 cup(s) Quinoa
- 1 cup(s) Water
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 4 teaspoon(s) Fresh lime juice, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon(s) Finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon(s) Minced scallions
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Cooked black beans (15 1/2 oz can)
- 2 cup(s) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) Diced bell peppers
- 2 teaspoon(s) Minced fresh green chiles
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Lemon or lime wedges
- Rinse quinoa well in a sieve under cool running water. In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil, add the quinoa, cover, and simmer on low heat, until all of the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 10-15 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, lime juice, cumin, coriander, cilantro, and scallions. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, bell peppers, and chiles. Add the cooled quinoa and salt and pepper to taste, and combine thoroughly. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with lemon or lime wedges.
- 197 calories, 2.8 grams fat
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dmradcliffe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Quinoa Black Bean Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes