- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 large carrot, cut into 3-in. julienne strips
- 1 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 4 radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. microwave-in-bag haricots verts (French green beans)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium jalapeño, minced
- 12 ounces 90% lean ground sirloin
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- calories 472
- fat 19.5 g
- satfat 5.8 g
- monofat 8.7 g
- polyfat 3.1 g
- protein 32 g
- carbohydrate 42 g
- fiber 6 g
- cholesterol 241 mg
- iron 6 mg
- sodium 670 mg
- calcium 106 mg
- sugars 10 g
- Est. Added Sugars 3 g
How to Make It
Bring 1 1/2 cups water and quinoa to a boil in a small saucepan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 12 minutes. Fluff quinoa with a fork. Stir in salt.
Bring rice vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan. Add carrot; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in onion and radishes. Cover; let stand 10 minutes. Drain.
Heat beans according to package directions. Combine beans, 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon oil in a bowl, and toss to coat.
Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and jalapeño; sauté 1 minute. Add beef; cook 5 minutes, stirring to crumble. Stir in remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce and sugar; cook 1 minute. Place beef mixture in a bowl.
Return pan to medium-high heat. Crack eggs into pan; cook 2 minutes. Cover and cook 1 1/2 minutes. Spoon 2/3 cup quinoa into each of 4 bowls; top each with 1/3 cup beef mixture, 1/2 cup carrot mixture, 1/4 cup beans, and 1 egg.