Try this silky-smooth fruit spread on crusty bread, then top it with thin shavings of Manchego cheese.
Yield: 1 1/3 cups (serving size: 2 tablespoons)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 92
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 2mg
- Calcium: 4mg
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds quince, cored, peeled, and quartered
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Bring water and sugar to a boil; cook 2 minutes. Add quince, and cook over medium-low heat 45 minutes or until very tender. Remove from heat. Remove quince from pan with a slotted spoon, reserving liquid. Place quince in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Cook reserved cooking liquid over medium-high heat, without stirring, until candy thermometer registers 234°. Remove from heat; stir in pureed quince and juice. Cool; pour into an airtight container.
- Note: Refrigerate in an airtight container up to two months.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Quince Butter Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments