Quick, easy & good.
Quick Yeast Rolls
More From Southern Living
Other Time: 50 Minutes
- 1 (1/4-oz.) envelope active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1. Stir together yeast, 1/4 cup warm water, and 1 tsp. sugar in a 2-cup glass measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. Beat 2 Tbsp. sugar, softened butter, and salt at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Add egg, milk, and yeast mixture, beating until blended. Gradually add flour, beating at low speed until smooth. Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic (2 to 3 minutes). Place in a well-greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- 3. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- 4. Preheat oven to 400°. Punch dough down; turn dough out onto a floured surface. Divide dough into 24 pieces; shape into balls. Place in 2 greased 9-inch square pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 15 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden. Brush tops with melted butter, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads