Quick Whipping Cream Biscuits
Yield: Makes 2 dozen
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 3/4 to 2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Cut 1 cup butter into flour with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Add whipping cream, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead lightly 3 or 4 times. Roll or pat dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut with a 2-inch round cutter, and place biscuits on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 13 to 15 minutes. Brush warm biscuits with 1/2 cup melted butter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads