Over kneading will cause your biscuits not to rise very high.be careful to not over knead and handle the dough to much. great recipe and very easy.
Quick Whipping Cream Biscuits
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 to 1 cup whipping cream*
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Cut 1/2 cup butter into flour with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Add whipping cream, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead lightly 3 or 4 times. Roll or pat dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut with a 2-inch round cutter; place biscuits on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 13 to 15 minutes. Brush biscuits with 1/4 cup melted butter.
- * 3/4 cup buttermilk and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, stirred together, may be substituted for whipping cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This