Quick Vegetable Shepherd's Pie
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 266
- Calories from fat: 9%
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 13.5g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 7.9g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 641mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 6 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 (8-ounce) cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 2 2/3 cups frozen mashed potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Spoon mixture into an 11- x 7- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cook milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until very hot. (Do not boil.) Stir in mashed potatoes; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sour cream and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Spread potato mixture over vegetable mixture; sprinkle with paprika. Spray top with cooking spray.
- Microwave at HIGH 30 minutes, rotating dish once, or until vegetables are tender and top is golden.
Bake this recipe in a regular oven at 350° for 40 minutes. The top will be more golden brown than if you cook it in the microwave.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note