Quick Vegetable Fried Rice
Prep: 6 minutes; Cook: 7 minutes. Fried rice is best when you make it with chilled or leftover rice because chilled rice maintains its texture during stir-frying. If you don't have any rice on hand, cook 1 bag of boil-in-bag brown rice while you prepare the salad and chop the vegetables. Spread the rice on a jelly roll pan, and chill.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 369
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 58.7g
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 919mg
- Calcium: 64mg
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 1/3 cup diagonally sliced celery
- 1/2 cup diagonally halved trimmed snow peas
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup drained canned sliced water chestnuts
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups cooked instant brown rice, chilled
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery and snow peas to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Add green peas and water chestnuts; sauté 1 minute.
- Push vegetables to one side of pan. Pour egg into other side of pan. Cook, stirring often, until done.
- Add cooked rice, tossing well. Stir in remaining sesame oil, soy sauce, and pepper. Cook 1 minute or until rice mixture is thoroughly heated, tossing occasionally. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note