Good flavors but i'd try this in a crockpot next time to get the pork more tender. Perhaps I cooked it too long.
Quick Tomatillo Pork
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 413
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 39g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sodium: 419mg
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds pork loin, fat trimmed, rinsed, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion (about 8 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 12 ounces mushrooms, rinsed, stem ends trimmed, and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (28 oz.) green enchilada sauce
- 2 cans (7 oz. each) tomatillo salsa (salsa verde)
- 1. Pour oil into a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add pork and stir often until browned on all sides, about 12 minutes. Transfer pork to a plate.
- 2. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic to pan. Stir often until onion is limp, about 5 minutes. Add enchilada sauce, salsa, and pork to pan and bring to a simmer. Lower heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until pork is no longer pink in the center (cut to test), about 15 minutes. Spoon into bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes