Quick Spanish Rice
found on recipezaar.com #17126 by Sharlene W. Although I decreased the chili powder to 1 tsp instead of 2. This tastes as good as the restaurant. A favorite in my family.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 15 ounce(s) can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cup(s) rice
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1. Mash tomatoes with a potato mashes or give a quick spin in food processor.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to boil; reduce to low.
- 3. Cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is done (Unless you like sticky, gooey rice, don't take off the lid and stir at all until it is done.) Note: brown rice takes longer to cook. (makes 8 servings) (4 Weight Watchers Points Plus for per serving)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ADMZFAM and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note