Quick Shrimp Creole
Try using kitchen shears to chop the tomatoes in the can instead of using the food processor--it is quick and makes one less dish to wash!
More From Southern Living
- 2 (3.5-oz.) bags SUCCESS White Rice
- 2 (14 1/2-oz.) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (about 2 ribs)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 pound peeled large fresh shrimp
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions; keep warm.
- 2. Pulse tomatoes in a food processor 3 to 4 times or until chopped.
- 3. Sauté green pepper, onion, and celery in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet 8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in chopped tomatoes, hot sauce, and Creole seasoning. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- 4. Stir in shrimp, cover, and simmer 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note