I have made this so many times, I can't even count! Always a hit! Hearty, scrumptious...and hard to keep away from.
Quick Shrimp Chowder
More From Southern Living
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds medium-size fresh shrimp, peeled*
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Oyster crackers (optional)
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion, and sauté 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in cream of potato soup, milk, and pepper; bring to a boil. Add shrimp; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in cheese until melted. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately. Serve with oyster crackers, if desired.
- *1 1/2 pounds frozen shrimp, thawed; 1 1/2 pounds peeled crawfish tails; or 3 cups chopped cooked chicken may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews