- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup prechopped carrot
- 1/2 cup prechopped onion
- 1/4 cup prechopped celery
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound medium peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- calories 258
- fat 12.9 g
- satfat 5.5 g
- monofat 4.9 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 24.3 g
- carbohydrate 9.9 g
- fiber 1.1 g
- cholesterol 200 mg
- iron 3.1 mg
- sodium 478 mg
- calcium 88 mg
How to Make It
Pour broth into a 2-cup glass measure. Microwave at MEDIUM-HIGH 1 minute.
Combine broth, thyme, and black pepper in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, and simmer.
Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add carrot, onion, and celery; sauté for 3 minutes or until tender. Add flour, stirring with a whisk. Stir carrot mixture and shrimp into broth mixture; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in cream; cover and simmer 4 minutes.
Sustainable Choice: Be sure to buy U.S. wild-caught or farmed shrimp for the best sustainable option.