Quick Shellfish Paella
This paella is cooked uncovered, so the aroma will fill your kitchen. It's also quick to prepare, thanks to the use of already peeled and deveined shrimp.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 5 Minutes
- Calories: 227
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 17.1g
- Carbohydrate: 30.8g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 910mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 6 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes with onion, celery, and bell pepper (such as Del Monte), undrained
- 1/2 pound small mussels (about 15 mussels), scrubbed and debearded
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 cup frozen petite green peas
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add rice; sauté 3 minutes. Add broth mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium, and simmer 15 minutes.
- 3. Add tomatoes, mussels, and shrimp; cook 5 more minutes or until mussels open, stirring occasionally to break up tomatoes. Stir in peas; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Discard any unopened shells. Let paella stand 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note