Quick Seafood Cioppino
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 12 littleneck clams
- 1 pound mussels
- 1 pound mixed boneless seafood, such as shrimp, scallops, firm white fish
- Heat oil in a soup pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add garlic and next 5 ingredients. Sauté 3 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and clam juice. Bring mixture to a boil. Add clams, and cook 3 minutes. Stir in remaining seafood, and simmer 5 minutes or until cooked. Discard any clams or mussels that do not open.
- Wine note: Try Robert Mondavi Private Selection Fumé Blanc. In the mood for red? Choose Ravenswood Lodi Zinfandel.
Fresh is best, but this speedy seafood cioppino recipe works with leftover seafood, too. Stir in the seafood a couple of minutes before serving, cooking just until heated through.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note