I would add more olive oil and butter to both and serve over couscous or rice. Flavor the rice or couscous with the cumin as well. Even good the second day. Can make with shrimp or shrimp and scallops.
Quick Scallops with Peppers and Corn
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 231
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Protein: 19g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sodium: 203mg
- Cholesterol: 42mg
- 3 ears corn (about 2 1/2 lb. total), husked, silks removed
- 1 1/4 pounds sea scallops
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers (12 oz. total), rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Holding each ear of corn upright in a deep bowl, cut kernels from cobs. Rinse scallops and pat dry; sprinkle lightly all over with salt and pepper.
- 2. Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil in each of two 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pans over high heat. Add corn, bell peppers, garlic, and cumin to one pan; add scallops to the other. Cook, stirring both pans often, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes, and scallops are browned on the outside and barely opaque in the center (cut to test), about 5 minutes.
- 3. Just before serving, stir basil into the vegetable mixture and cilantro into the scallops. Add salt and pepper to taste to both. Mound vegetables in a wide, shallow bowl; top with scallops (and any pan juices).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine