Quick Saffron Chicken With Couscous
More From Health
- Calories: 275
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 331mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped shallot
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 4 ounces chopped bottled roasted red peppers, rinsed
- 3/4 pound chicken breast
- 1. In a 4-quart pot with a tight-fitting lid, heat olive oil. Saute shallot, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, thyme, and orange zest over medium-high heat, 3 minutes, until shallot softens.
- 2. Combine saffron and broth in a bowl; stir until saffron dissolves.
- 3. Add edamame, stock, and 3/4 teaspoon salt to pot, cover, and bring to a boil. As soon as mixture boils, add couscous, stir, and cover tightly for 5 minutes. Uncover, add the peppers, and fluff the mixture with a fork.
- 4. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon paprika and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; place on cutting board. Let sit 2 minutes. Cut chicken diagonally across grain. Serve over couscous.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note