My husband & I loved this dish. Read other reviews and made adjustments. Added lots garlic with skin, big chunks of shallots & red bell pepper with the cherry tomatoes along with olive oil, s & p and dried red pepper flakes & balsamic vinegar ( that's what I have ). Roasted them 15 min ( as suggested by other reviewer ). Added roasted vegetables ( smashed to garlic paste & slice shallots & red bell pepper ) to hot drained linguine. Added rotiserrie chicken breast, chunks and fresh monzarella cheese.... lots of sliced fresh basil. Delicious .... light ... and quick !
Quick-Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce with Spaghetti
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 328
- Fat: 10.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 46.6g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 376mg
- Calcium: 48mg
- 4 quarts water
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 2/3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped or torn fresh basil leaves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled semisoft goat cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Add 1 tablespoon salt and spaghetti to boiling water; cook 10 minutes or until spaghetti is al dente. Drain spaghetti in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/3 cup cooking water. Return spaghetti to pan; set aside, and keep warm.
- 3. While spaghetti cooks, combine tomatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, vinegar, 3/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper on a jelly-roll pan, tossing well to coat. Bake tomato mixture at 450° for 10 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and lightly charred in places.
- 4. Add tomatoes and any tomato juice to spaghetti in Dutch oven. Add 3 tablespoons reserved cooking water to jelly-roll pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; carefully pour water mixture and remaining 1 tablespoon oil into spaghetti mixture. Place Dutch oven over medium heat. Add remaining reserved cooking water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until spaghetti mixture is moist, tossing frequently. Stir in basil and parsley. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes