For easier flipping, place one tortilla in the skillet, top with fillings, and fold in half. Cook as directed, and cut into three triangles.
Yield: 6 appetizer servings
- 6 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Sour cream
- Place 1 flour tortilla in a small lightly greased nonstick skillet. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons each of shredded cheeses. Spread with 1 tablespoon chiles; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons tomatoes. Top with 1 tortilla, and coat with cooking spray.
- Cook quesadillas over low heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas, cheeses, chiles, and tomatoes. Cut each quesadilla into 6 triangles. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note