- 1/2 cup diet cola
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 4 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut loin pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- calories 213
- fat 5.8 g
- satfat 2.1 g
- protein 21.8 g
- carbohydrate 12.6 g
- cholesterol 58 mg
- iron 1.1 mg
- sodium 318 mg
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- fiber 0.1 g
- calcium 40 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
Sprinkle both sides of pork with black pepper. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Coat pan with cooking spray; add pork, and cook 4 minutes on each side. Remove pork from pan, and keep warm.
Add cola mixture to pan; scrape pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium, and cook about 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
Return pork to pan, and simmer 2 minutes. Turn pork, and cook 2 minutes or until pork is no longer pink and mixture is reduced to 1/3 cup.