This sauce is awesome! Been making it for years and it is always great. This sauce is the reason I started growing fresh basil. Everyone who tries "my" pizza always raves about how good and fresh tasting the sauce is. After making this Tony's pizza dough with this fresh sauce recipe, even the best pizzeria in our town is just good compared to our excellent home made pizza. Many thanks to Sunset magazine for sharing this recipe with us!!!
Quick Pizza Sauce
- 1 can (14 oz., or 1 3/4 cups) chopped or diced tomatoes (including juices)
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- In a bowl, mix 1 can (14 oz., or 1 3/4 cups) chopped or diced tomatoes (including juices), 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves or 2 teaspoons dried basil, 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic. Add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments