I agree with the other reviews. This sauce is awesome! I've used fresh basil when I had it and dried basil when I didn't and it came out terrific either way. It has an incredibly fresh taste, much better than anything I've ever bought. What I really like about it is that it doesn't have to be cooked. I make it a day before I need it so the flavors can really combine. Perfect pizza sauce.
Quick Pizza Sauce
- 1 can (14 oz., or 1 3/4 cups) chopped or diced tomatoes (including juices)
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- In a bowl, mix 1 can (14 oz., or 1 3/4 cups) chopped or diced tomatoes (including juices), 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves or 2 teaspoons dried basil, 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic. Add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note