Quick Pizza Margherita
Make a thin and crispy pizza in under 30 minutes with refrigerated pizza dough, plum tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 pieces)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 298
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 12.2g
- Carbohydrate: 38.6g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 595mg
- Calcium: 175mg
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 5 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Unroll crust dough onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; pat into a 13 x 11-inch rectangle. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Remove crust from oven, and brush with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Rub crust with cut sides of garlic.
- Arrange tomato slices on crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon oil and vinegar, stirring with a whisk.
- Sprinkle pizza evenly with sliced basil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the vinegar mixture evenly over the pizza. Cut pizza into 8 pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes