Quick Pickled Tomatillos
Photo: Alex Farnum; Styling: Randy Mon
Pickled tomatillos are fantastic in a Bloody Mary or with charcuterie.
Yield: Makes 3 pts. (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 35
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Protein: 0.9g
- Fat: 0.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sodium: 1111mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 cups distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 6 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 2 pounds tomatillos, husks removed, cored, washed, and quartered
- 1. Heat vinegar, sugar, salt, and 3 cups water in a medium saucepan until simmering.
- 2. Put 2 garlic cloves, heaping 1/4 tsp. mustard seeds, and 1 tsp. pickling spice into each of 3 widemouthed pt. jars. Fill jars with tomatillos, pushing down to pack.
- 3. Pour hot brine over tomatillos to fill each jar to the top. Seal with lids. Chill to develop flavor, at least 4 days and up to 1 month.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This