Quick Pickled Okra
Photo: Peter Frank Edwards
Made with fresh vegetables and pungent seasonings, Quick Pickled Okra holds an appeal to all okra lovers.
Yield: Makes about 2 quarts
- 1 cup chopped fennel
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 jalapeño chile, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups white wine vinegar
- 3 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 pound fresh okra
- 1. Combine first 12 ingredients in a 4-quart stockpot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. Strain through a fine wire-mesh strainer, reserving liquid, and return liquid to a boil.
- 2. Add okra. Cover, and simmer 5 minutes. Pour okra and liquid into a container, and cover; refrigerate 2 hours or up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables