Quick Pickled Cucumbers
Pickle recipe which appeared as a side dish to Korean Meatballs in Cooking Light October 2010, page 134, but did not make it to the website.
Chill: 4 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 english cucumber
- 2 clove(s) gralic, crushed
- 1 cup(s) rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) sambal oelek (such as Huy Fong)
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) water
- 1. Slice the English cucumber crosswise into thin rounds.
- 2. Combine cucumber and crushed garlic in a medium bowl.
- 3. Combine rice vinegar, water, sugar, and salt; microwave at HIGH for 2 minutes or until boiling.
- 4. Pour hot vinegar mixture over cucumber mixture; stir in sambal oelek. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- 5. Serve with a slotted spoon, or drain before serving. Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MC900FtMark and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note