This is so EASY and so GOOD! The best combination of things in my opinion.
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 17
- Calories from fat: 5.3%
- Protein: 1.9g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 3.3g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 194mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons pickling spice
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, rinsed and tough stem ends snapped off
- 1. In wide 4- to 5-quart pan, combine vinegar, salt, sugar, pickling spice, and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Add asparagus; if liquid doesn't cover it, add water to cover. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until asparagus has faded to dull green and is tender-crisp to bite, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat; add 1 cup ice cubes to stop cooking. Let stand at least 30 minutes (see notes).
- 3. Drain asparagus and arrange on a platter or seal in a container for transport.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Quick-Pickled Asparagus Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables