Quick Peach and Raspberry Pies
This is a great make-ahead dessert. Prepare the fruit mixture and refrigerate in an airtight container. Bake the pastry wedges, cool, and store at room temperature in a large zip-top bag. Assemble one or more desserts just before serving.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 242
- Fat: 7.0g
- Saturated fat: 3.0g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 42.8g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 137mg
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Calcium: 64mg
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice (optional)
- 1 3/4 cups frozen sliced peaches, thawed and diced (about 12 ounces)
- 2/3 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups vanilla fat-free, no-sugar-added ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Unfold dough, and cut into 8 wedges; place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 11 minutes or until golden. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and, if desired, allspice, in a large saucepan. Add peaches, stirring well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook 1 minute or until slightly thick and sugar dissolves, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in raspberries and vanilla. Let stand 15 minutes. Top each pastry wedge with 1/4 cup fruit mixture and 1/4 cup ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note