- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and partially mashed
- 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup ditalini (very short tube-shaped macaroni)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- calories 315
- fat 7 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 4 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 16 g
- carbohydrate 46 g
- fiber 6 g
- cholesterol 4 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 512 mg
- calcium 127 mg
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently.
Stir in pepper and next 3 ingredients (through broth); bring to a boil.
Add tomatoes; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
Add pasta; cook 7 minutes or until done. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
Andrea's wine pick: The bold flavors of capers, tomato, and rosemary demand a wine with vivid acidity and savory-fruity flavors. Santa Christina Sangiovese from Italy ($99) does the job well.