Quick Party Nuts
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 4 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Place pecans and almonds in a large bowl; stir in 1 cup sugar and 4 cups warm water. Let stand 10 minutes. Drain well; return to bowl. Pour butter over nuts, stirring to coat.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup sugar, chili powder, and next 4 ingredients; pour over nut mixture, tossing to coat. Spread in a single layer on a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Arrange in a single layer on wax paper, and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This