I used whole wheat pearled couscous and vegetable broth. Served with Maple-Glazed Scallops and Balsamic Green Beans. Excellent side dish!
Quick Parmesan Couscous
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro
More From Southern Living
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10-ounce) package plain, uncooked couscous
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Bring 2 cups chicken broth and 1 tablespoon butter to a boil. Stir in 1 (10-ounce) package plain, uncooked couscous; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper. Fluff with a fork, and serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used DiGiorno Grated Parmesan Cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables