Quick Pan-Fried Catfish
Fish generally cooks 10 minutes per inch of thickness. If the catfish you buy is thicker, it will take longer to cook. Just lower the temperature slightly.
More From Southern Living
- 3/4 cup all-purpose baking mix
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) catfish fillets
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow bowl.
- Pat catfish fillets dry with paper towels; brush both sides of each fillet evenly with Ranch dressing. Dredge in cornmeal mixture; lightly press cornmeal mixture onto fillets.
- Cook catfish in hot vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until fish just flakes with a fork. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Bisquick for all-purpose baking mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes