Quick Pan-Fried Catfish
More From Southern Living
- 3/4 cup all-purpose baking mix
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) catfish fillets
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Lemon wedges
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow bowl.
- Pat catfish fillets dry with paper towels; brush both sides of each fillet evenly with Ranch dressing. Dredge in cornmeal mixture; lightly press cornmeal mixture onto fillets.
- Cook catfish in hot vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until fish just flakes with a fork. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Bisquick for all-purpose baking mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes