Spicy chipotle seasoning, precooked vegetable rice, and shrimp transform traditional paella into a fast weeknight fiesta.
Prep: 4 minutes; Cook: 9 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 322
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 30.6g
- Carbohydrate: 39.3g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 159mg
- Iron: 4.9mg
- Sodium: 868mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons salt-free Southwest chipotle seasoning (such as Mrs. Dash)
- 12 ounces peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/2 pound chicken tenders, cut crosswise into bite-sized pieces
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 (8.8-ounce) pouches microwaveable cooked garden vegetable rice (such as Uncle Ben's Ready Rice)
- 1/2 cup frozen petite green peas
- 1. Combine saffron and 1/3 cup hot water in a small bowl.
- 2. Sprinkle chipotle seasoning over shrimp and chicken in a large bowl; toss well to coat. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp mixture to pan; coat mixture with cooking spray. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3. Stir in saffron mixture, rice, and peas, breaking up rice with a wooden spoon. Steam, covered, 3 minutes or until rice is thoroughly heated, shrimp and chicken are done, and peas are hot. Fluff with a fork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note