Quick Pacific Cod and Shrimp Cioppino
"A fast and healthful seafood stew for spring" by Jim Romanoff. Healthy Cooking. Tomato-based fish stew created by Italian immigrants in San Francisco. Feel free to substitute whichever fish or shellfish you like for the cod and shrimp. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: May 4, 2011.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 25-ounce jar(s) marinara sauce
- 1 8-ounce bottle(s) clam juice
- 2/3 cup(s) dry white wine
- Pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 3/4 pound(s) Pacific cod, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound(s) medium to large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1. In a large skillet or saucepan over medium-high, heat the oil. Add the onion and both peppers, then sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
- 2. Stir in the marinara sauce, clam juice, wine, red pepper flakes, basil and oregano. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 3. Add the cod and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and parsley and simmer until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately, garnished with a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note