Loved this! And you can use homemade crust as well. (Tastes really good with tomatoes!)
Quick 'n' Easy Chicken Barbecue Pizza
For even more flavor, sprinkle this chicken barbecue pizza with chopped cooked bacon and chopped fresh cilantro before adding the cheese.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 24 Minutes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 cup hickory smoke barbecue sauce
- 2 (6-ounce) packages grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast strips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Hickory smoke barbecue sauce
- Sauté first 4 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain well.
- Unroll pizza crust; press or pat into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake crust at 400° for 12 to 14 minutes. Spread 1/2 cup barbecue sauce evenly over top of pizza crust in pan. Arrange chicken strips evenly over barbecue sauce, top with onion mixture, and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish, if desired. Serve with extra sauce for dipping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note