I hate when I have to change a recipe the first time using it, and if I do, I try not to comment because it's not very fair. However, given that this was the best meal I've had all year, I figured I'd make an exception. The thing changed was that I used pulled pork (using Lou's, slow roasted, pre cooked shredded pork) instead of shredded chicken for the simple fact I was looking for pulled pork recipes and somehow got lead to this. I do not regret it though! It was devoured in a matter of minutes and I can not wait to try it with the chicken, which is my preferred meat of choice. I have no doubt that that will earn even more stars!!
Quick 'n' Easy Chicken Barbecue Pizza
More From Southern Living
Bake: 24 Minutes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 cup hickory smoke barbecue sauce
- 2 (6-ounce) packages grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast strips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Hickory smoke barbecue sauce
- Sauté first 4 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain well.
- Unroll pizza crust; press or pat into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake crust at 400° for 12 to 14 minutes. Spread 1/2 cup barbecue sauce evenly over top of pizza crust in pan. Arrange chicken strips evenly over barbecue sauce, top with onion mixture, and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish, if desired. Serve with extra sauce for dipping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This