I hate when I have to change a recipe the first time using it, and if I do, I try not to comment because it's not very fair. However, given that this was the best meal I've had all year, I figured I'd make an exception. The thing changed was that I used pulled pork (using Lou's, slow roasted, pre cooked shredded pork) instead of shredded chicken for the simple fact I was looking for pulled pork recipes and somehow got lead to this. I do not regret it though! It was devoured in a matter of minutes and I can not wait to try it with the chicken, which is my preferred meat of choice. I have no doubt that that will earn even more stars!!
Quick 'n' Easy Chicken Barbecue Pizza
More From Southern Living
Bake: 24 Minutes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 cup hickory smoke barbecue sauce
- 2 (6-ounce) packages grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast strips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Hickory smoke barbecue sauce
- Sauté first 4 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain well.
- Unroll pizza crust; press or pat into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake crust at 400° for 12 to 14 minutes. Spread 1/2 cup barbecue sauce evenly over top of pizza crust in pan. Arrange chicken strips evenly over barbecue sauce, top with onion mixture, and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish, if desired. Serve with extra sauce for dipping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note