- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 cup hickory smoke barbecue sauce
- 2 (6-ounce) packages grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast strips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Hickory smoke barbecue sauce
How to Make It
Sauté first 4 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain well.
Unroll pizza crust; press or pat into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
Bake crust at 400° for 12 to 14 minutes. Spread 1/2 cup barbecue sauce evenly over top of pizza crust in pan. Arrange chicken strips evenly over barbecue sauce, top with onion mixture, and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
Bake at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish, if desired. Serve with extra sauce for dipping.