Quick Mozzarella Chicken
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 429
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 40.1g
- Carbohydrate: 43.5g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 796mg
- Calcium: 218mg
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (3/4-ounce) slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free Italian herb pasta sauce (such as Muir Glen)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the chicken. Place the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg substitute, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan, and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Top the chicken with mozzarella slices, and place the pan in oven. Bake at 425° for 14 minutes or until chicken is done.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat the pasta sauce in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Place 1/2 cup pasta on each of 4 plates; top each serving with a chicken breast half and 2/3 cup sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This