- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (3/4-ounce) slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free Italian herb pasta sauce (such as Muir Glen)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- calories 429
- caloriesfromfat 17 %
- fat 9.4 g
- satfat 3.5 g
- monofat 4.1 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 40.1 g
- carbohydrate 43.5 g
- fiber 3.3 g
- cholesterol 80 mg
- iron 3.8 mg
- sodium 796 mg
- calcium 218 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well.
While the pasta is cooking, prepare the chicken. Place the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg substitute, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
Heat the olive oil in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan, and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Top the chicken with mozzarella slices, and place the pan in oven. Bake at 425° for 14 minutes or until chicken is done.
While the chicken is cooking, heat the pasta sauce in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
Place 1/2 cup pasta on each of 4 plates; top each serving with a chicken breast half and 2/3 cup sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.