Oh. My. Gawd. So delicious. Big hit.
Quick Liver Pâté
Photo: Jonny Valiant; Styling: Deborah Williams
This pared-down pâté is based on liverwurst. Use Usinger's or Schaller & Weber brand liverwurst for best results.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: about 2 1/2 tablespoons)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 110
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 3.5g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 266mg
- Calcium: 12mg
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 8 ounces liverwurst
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted dry-roasted pistachios (optional)
- 1. Place cherries in a small saucepan with just enough water to cover; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook 3 minutes or until soft. Drain cherries; cool slightly, and finely chop.
- 2. Cook bacon in a small skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan. Finely chop bacon.
- 3. Add shallots, thyme, salt, pepper, garlic, and bay leaf to drippings in pan; cook 2 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat. Add cognac, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- 4. Remove and reserve bay leaf. Place shallot mixture, cream cheese, and liverwurst in a food processor; process until smooth. Place in a small bowl; stir in bacon and cherries. Place bay leaf on top of pâté. Cover surface of pâté with plastic wrap; chill at least 8 hours. Sprinkle with pistachios before serving, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers