I give it Four stars but its not worthy of a special occasion. Just a simple week night meal. Very delicious and didn't take long to make at all. I also added mushrooms that i had in the fridge and needed to be used, it was a really nice touch. I will make it again!!
No time to shop? No problem! Grab a bag of shrimp and cook up something special.
Yield: 6 Servings
Cost per Serving: $2.93
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 452
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 57g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 145mg
- Sodium: 1mg
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cumin, dried thyme and gumbo file powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, black pepper and ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound easy-peel medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 (6 oz.) medium andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 small bell peppers (red and yellow), diced to 1/2 inch
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 4 scallion greens, thinly sliced
- Put rice in a strainer and rinse thoroughly with cold, running water. Transfer to a medium saucepan, add 2 cups broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn heat as low as possible, cover rice and cook until tender, about 18 minutes; fluff with a fork.
- While rice cooks, stir together cumin, thyme, gumbo filé powder, salt, pepper and cayenne in a cup. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add seasonings and then shrimp, and cook, stirring, until firm, about 5 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a plate.
- Add remaining butter to pan along with sausage, onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes more. Pour in tomato sauce and remaining 1 cup broth and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Return shrimp to pan and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Combine rice and scallion with shrimp mixture; toss.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes