Friends remarked: this is the best cake EVER.
Quick Italian Cream Cake
- 1 (18.5-ounce) package white cake mix with pudding
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) can flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons rum (optional)
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in coconut and pecans. Pour into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cakepans.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 17 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Sprinkle each cake layer evenly with rum, if desired; let stand 10 minutes.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Chill 2 hours before slicing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note