My family really enjoyed this. I added a little basil and oregano with the salt and pepper. Took leftovers to lunch the following day and everyone was jealous!
Quick Italian Beef and Vegetable Soup
This ultra-easy, vegetable-packed soup took second-place honors (and $10,000).
Yield: 3 to 4 servings
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 (15.8-ounce) can cannellini or great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups loosely packed torn fresh spinach
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; cut each half cross-wise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef and garlic in a large Dutch oven, stirring until beef crumbles; drain. Stir in pepper, salt, broth, Italian-style stewed tomatoes, and sliced carrots; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir zucchini slices and beans into mixture; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in torn spinach.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews