Quick and Hearty Pasta Fagioli Soup
Simmer a simple pasta and veggie soup for an easy weeknight dinner. It's not overly spicy, so kids will love it. This recipe is the category winner for Pasta Sauces in the Fast Family Dinners Recipe Contest sponsored by Newman's Own.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Ditalini or other small pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium stalk celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (24-ounce) jar NEWMAN'S OWN Fire Roasted Tomato & Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans (such as cannellini), drained
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add carrot, onion, and celery and sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until onion and celery are translucent. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add pasta sauce, beans, ham, water and bay leaf; bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Add cooked pasta, parsley, salt and pepper. Simmer an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove bay leaf. Spoon soup into bowls and top evenly with Parmesan cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note