- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Ditalini or other small pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium stalk celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (24-ounce) jar NEWMAN'S OWN Fire Roasted Tomato & Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans (such as cannellini), drained
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add carrot, onion, and celery and sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until onion and celery are translucent. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Add pasta sauce, beans, ham, water and bay leaf; bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Add cooked pasta, parsley, salt and pepper. Simmer an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove bay leaf. Spoon soup into bowls and top evenly with Parmesan cheese.