Photo: Sang An
Start with the pan juices from roasting the turkey and add broth, cornstarch, salt and pepper for this super-easy gravy.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- Pan juices from the turkey and roasting pan
- 4 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Strain the pan juices into a fat separator or bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes. Skim and discard the fat from the surface; set the juices aside.
In a small saucepan, over medium-low heat, bring the broth and 1 cup of the reserved juices to a boil.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water until no lumps remain. Slowly whisk the cornstarch mixture into the simmering broth. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and season with the salt and pepper. Strain just before serving.
* Ingredients too variable for meaningful analysis of nutritional information
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This