Quick Ginger Bread-Pineapple Cake
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 284
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 52.4g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 406mg
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Calcium: 79mg
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can sliced pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (14.5-ounce) package gingerbread cake and cookie mix
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice to equal 3/4 cup; set aside. Pat pineapple slices dry.
- Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with melted butter; sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange pineapple slices on top of brown sugar.
- Combine pineapple juice mixture, cake mix, and egg whites; stir with a fork 1 minute. Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes on a wire rack. Loosen cake from sides of pan, using a narrow metal spatula. Invert cake onto a serving plate. Cut into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings