Quick Fudge Frosting
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- About 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine brown sugar, cocoa, shortening, butter, salt, and milk in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer about 1 minute or until smooth and creamy. Add a small amount of milk to obtain spreading consistency, if necessary. Spread immediately on cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note