Quick Fudge Frosting
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- About 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine brown sugar, cocoa, shortening, butter, salt, and milk in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer about 1 minute or until smooth and creamy. Add a small amount of milk to obtain spreading consistency, if necessary. Spread immediately on cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This